life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ughhhhh

Yesterday crept by sooooo slowly, and then last night did too.

I just couldn't sleep.
Couldn't get comfortable.
Had a headache.
My ear hurts.
Sly was on my pillow. In the middle of the bed.
Pups were up at 4am, had to let them out, then they cried when I put them back.

I'm hoping today goes by quicker and easier.

I got an email from LeapFrog this morning, and I checked out their site.
I'm going to get the TAG reading system for the kids.
When I can.
I might even get 2 of the reader pens.
They have sooooo many books, including phonics and learn-to-read book sets.
And the books are fairly cheap, about $10 each, less if you find them on sale.
Soooo I'm definitely planning on that.
At some point.
Hopefully some point soon :o)

That got me thinking about a few other things I really wanted to get for the kids.
A fridge phonics set.
A fridge word builder set.
And the V-tech alphabet pal or whatever it's called, that teaches the kids to write their letters.
I saw that at WalMart months ago and decided I wanted to get it for Charlize, and it's only $15.
It recognizes if they wrote it right, which is really neat.

I need to get wrapping paper.
But I want to get the huge rolls from Sam's club.
And I need to get tape.
I want the pop up dispenser.

I've also been thinking a lot about the backyard.

In the spring I really want to fix it up.
I want to fence off a small area for the dogs, with a seperate set of stairs for them.
The stairs down into the main part of the yard will be gated off, so the dogs can only go into the one area to go potty.
That will save a lot of time searching for dog piles, and I won't have to scoop dog poop every time the kids want to play outside.
The way our yard and deck are set up, it will pretty easy to do.
We'll just put a fence from the edge of the deck over to the side fence.
Easy peasy.
The stairs will be more difficult.

We're also going to rent a big wood chipper in the spring, to take care of the rest of the brush and stumps out behind the garage. 
That will clear up a lot of room.

Mom said we should think about getting a new trampoline in the spring, too.
The kids have destroyed the one Dad and Kim gave us.
Pulled the nets apart.
The net enclosure is falling apart.
They pulled the foam out of the spring covers.
It was old anyway, it was my stepsisters for a good 6 years or more before they gave it to us.
So it had a good run.
But they use that thing so much, I don't want to be without one.

So that's a distinct possibility, probably at tax time.
Along with the bikes.
At tax time, I'm going to get each of the kids a new big kid bike.
I'm excited :o)

Anyway, yeah, thinking way too much about stuff I want to do in the future instead of stuff I should be doing right now.
Like tackling the never ending mountain of laundry, or sweeping and mopping, or breaking up kiddie fights.


No comments:

Post a Comment