life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Friday, December 17, 2010

Let me tell you

about my morning.

Alarm goes off at 630.
I reset it for 7.

Alarm goes off at 7.
I hit snooze.
Alarm goes off at 705.
Rayce comes in, half asleep, and asks if it's December 25th yet.
I tell him no, and he tells me "it must have been my dream, then".
He climbs into bed with me, even though I tell him he should be getting dressed.
I spend the next 20 minutes prodding him to get dressed.

It's now about 730, and Rayce still isn't dressed.
The girls wake up.
I decide I don't have time to shower before Rayce leaves for school.

Finally, at about 740, Rayce manages to get dressed. 
We all go downstairs.
Let the dogs out.
It takes Rayce another ten minutes to get his socks and shoes on and brush his teeth.
He wants breakfast at home, because they don't have chocolate marshmallow mateys at school.
I give Rayce his cereal.
Pack his snack.

8am
Rayce wants to brush his teeth again, since he ate, he doesn't want his breath to stink.
The girls want cereal but I don't have the time to get it for them right this second because I have to make sure Rayce is ready for the bus.

810
Rayce is ready for the bus, I stand at the front door with him for a minute, waiting.
We draw in the fog on the glass door.
Rayce's bus pulls  up, I kiss him and open the door.
Rayce runs out to the bus, and so do the dogs.
Both dogs.
Out of the yard.
Running after Rayce, who is trying to get onto the bus.

I run outside, in my t shirt and yoga pants, no shoes, no coat, hair a mess, in the SNOW.
I chase dogs.
In front of the bus driver, bus aide, and 60 or so children.
Barefoot.
In the snow.

Finally I manage to catch Brody, pick him up, and carry him inside.
Bailey follows.
The bus pulls away, now that the show is over.

I get the girls their cereal, quickly, because my feet are burning from the freezing snow.

Hop in the shower.

Linda shows up early to drop Melissa off.
Right as I was getting in the shower, in fact.

It's 9am.

Is it naptime yet???

Sheesh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I heard from my doctor last night at 5pm.
Most of my bloodwork came back normal.
My iron was borderline, at the lowest end of normal.
My sodium was a little low.
My triglycerides were borderline, the high end of normal.
Liver and kidney functions were good, sugar was good, my urine was clean.
She thinks this is probably a random virus kicking my butt, told me to continue with the vitamins and come back in a week if I'm still feeling so lousy.

I'm already feeling much better.
Except for my back.
Which is between a 3 and a 6 on the pain scale at any given moment.

But hey, at least I can function, which I was barely managing for several days out of the last few weeks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I lost my keys yesterday.
Went to go out to the van to get some bins I got the day before, and they were nowhere to be found.
Looked everywhere I could think of.
For over an hour.
Couldn't find them.

We missed the Christmas party at the pal center.
We missed our Thursday visit with the boys.

Mom worked late, didn't get home till 530 with my spare key.
Then she found my keys.
In my coat pocket.

Are you kidding me?
UGH!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm going this afternoon to pick up the lot of Imaginext toys, and I am so excited!

Tomorrow begins Amy's girls weekend out!

I'm hoping that Sunday I can get all the kids to nap so I can start wrapping some gifts.
Or maybe I can find someone to volunteer to keep them busy for a couple hours elsewhere.

I need to finish my shopping at some point, too.
(DS case and one or two games for Rayce, stocking stuffers for everyone, LaLaLoopsy dolls and one other gift for the girls, hopefully)
Might be late at night after the kids in bed sometime in the next several days.
The stores would probably be less busy then anyway.

Annnnnd that's all I've got for now.



1 comment:

  1. WOW.

    You are so BUSY!!!

    I'm very relieved at the "probably nothing". :n) VERY. RELIEVED.

    xoxoxoxoxo Can't wait to hang this weekendddd!

    ReplyDelete