life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's a stay-cay-tion

I have been child-free for 31 hours now.

Until tonight, truly and honestly, I did not miss my kids.

That's how badly I needed a break.

I have not had a break since Rayce was born almost 6 years ago.

I mean, yeah, once every month or two I get to go out for a couple hours without kids.

Never, since I became a mother almost 6 years ago, have I had a REAL break.

Until now.

And it feels freaking *awesome*.

I got to my stepmoms around 1. We sat outside with the kids for a while, they played in the kiddie pool. Then we did some scrapbooking. I finally left at about 5pm.

Last night, I spent some time with Jason and his monsters. We had nachos for dinner, went across the street for ice cream, and watched the newest iCarly. I had a really good time. It was nice to just hang out with Hannah and Jake and Jason. His kids are wonderful, I adore them :o)

This morning, I was in bed until 10:30. I had been in and out of consciousness for a while, wondering what time it was (I don't have a clock in my room... my alarm clock is on my phone, which I left downstairs, on purpose), and I finally got up for good at 10:30.

Mom and I went to lunch in Owego, then went shopping in Ithaca. We went to Trader K's, Mama Goose, then to Old Navy. We went out to dinner at the Chinese buffet. We watched movies all night until just now, at midnight.

I have missed my mom. I miss the mother/daughter relationship we had. Lately our only relationship is mother/grandmother. My mom really is one of my best friends. And like any relationship, it needed some quality time!!

Tomorrow, Grampa and MiMa are planning to take the kids to Knowbels (sp??).

They asked if I wanted to go. Dad told me I was going.

I told him I wasn't.

I fought with myself about it for several hours.

I don't want to miss being there, the first time the kids go to an amusement park.

But at the same time, this is the first break I've had in 6 years... I don't want to give up the other 50% of my child-free time... this opportunity only comes along once in a *purple* moon!!!

Annnd I'm pretty sure literally being on my feet alllll day would intensify the after-effects of the biopsy, make the bleeding heavier and the cramping worse.

Tomorrow, I've got big plans for the house.

Not that I want to spend my staycation cleaning, but it will be wonderful to get things done without the munchkins running around behind me re-making messes that I've just cleaned up!!

Don't worry... I also plan to take a nap and do a little more scrapbooking :o)

The kids are having a great time without me!! Camping in the living room, playing in the sprinklers and pool, restaurants...










And when my kiddos are done with their weekend at Grampa and MiMa's, I will be soooo glad to see them, welcoming them home with open arms and a refreshed spirit!!!

Kim, MiMa... thank you thank you thank you thank you for taking the kids for a couple days and giving me some time for myself. You will never know how much I needed it and how much I appreciate it!!!

1 comment:

  1. <3 <3 <3

    I am sooo glad you got this time, Bonnie! What a wonderful gift for you! Take advantage of it. You deserve and NEED it! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete