life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Coughs, canker sores, fevers, oh my

Ended up taking Liliya to the walk-in.

She had a piece of toast yesterday for breakfast and hasn't eaten since.

She only had 2 wet diapers today.

Dr gave her a prescription for an anti-viral to help her get over this thing quicker.

He didn't say it *was* hand/foot/mouth disease.

He said it didn't matter what exactly it was, because it's obviously a virus and all there is to do, really, is do our best to treat the symptoms and keep her comfortable and taking in fluids.

We spent two hours at the walk-in.

Then I went to get her prescription, and the pharmacy told me I would have to go find a 24 hour pharmacy if I wanted to pick it up today, because they closed in 20 minutes.

Really? You can't print out a label and dump the crap into the med bottle in 20 minutes?

If you won't take any new orders after 5:40, then maybe you should make THAT your closing time.

Hmm?

So I had to drive to Front Street.

They asked when I wanted to pick it up, I told them as soon as possible, so she told me it wouldn't be more than 20 minutes.

We drove around for half an hour.

Came back.

And they tell me it isn't ready yet, "it looks like we're still working on it".

Me: "Well, do you have any idea of how much longer it will be then?"

Her: "A good ten or fifteen minutes, probably".

So fifteen minutes later I pull around AGAIN and she doesn't even ask for the name, just basically chucks the sign sheet at me.

Then on the paperwork, it said that the time they promised it to me was 7:50, when actually they promised it to me less than 20 minutes from 6:45. So they put that there just to make it LOOK like they got it to me on time. Nice.

I was feeling really aggitated by then, obviously.

Here it was 7:30 and I had been trying to get Liliya seen by a doctor and then get her prescription, since 3pm.

Tonight, Charlize only ate a couple bites of dinner.

She barely drank anything, either.

I don't *see* anything in her mouth.

And now I'm running a low grade fever on top of a splitting headache.

I guess we will see what tomorrow brings.

And tonight... hopefully Liliya isn't up screaming for a large percentage of the wee hours like she was last night.

But right about now, the thought of a week long nap sounds wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment