life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Busy Day

It was a terribly busy day, and I wasn't feeling wonderful.

I babysat.

Which meant 6 kids between the ages of 2 months and 5 years.

It's just too many kids to handle, too many people who need me at the same time.

At one point, Rayce decided that Cinnamon's nails needed to be clipped, and took it upon himself to clip them. He carried her down the stairs in one hand, with these huge clippers in the other hand. He had cut the nail so far back that her toe was bleeding, and I couldn't get it to stop, even with a styptic pencil. Finally, I didn't know what else to do, I just put her in her cage and hoped it would stop. It did. But still.

Stressful.

I was out front with all the kids, who were riding bikes, when an old man came up to me and started talking crazy.

Told me, in very broken, disoriented speech, that he was conceived on October 6th, 1947, as two fetuses in two wombs, and born as one man.

He asked me if he had taken his zoloft that morning. I said "I'm not sure, did you?".

He wouldn't leave.

He seemed harmless, but it was scaring me nonetheless.

I tried to get all the kids inside, slowly, and when I stood up, he tried to follow me in the door.

Mom finally realized something was going on and came outside to distract him so I could get all the kids inside.

I locked the doors and windows and called the police.

Mom sat out on the porch with him to keep him there until the cops came.

We took him out a bottle of water and a peanut butter sandwich.

They ended up taking him to Binghamton General.

The man barely knew his name, didn't know his birthday or his address, and couldn't answer a single question, kept talking about the date of his conception and something about two fetuses, one man.

It was stressful.

And I just felt kind of out of it all day.

Jason came over with Hannah and Jake, brought burgers and hotdogs and grilled dinner.

It was nice, the kids had a great time, like always.

Tonight I tossed the kids in the tub and put them in bed, and they went down without too much of a fight, which was nice.

I'm tired.

Feeling exhausted in more ways than one.

Planning on going to the park tomorrow morning and then coming home to do some laundry and picking up, then hopefully a nap for all of us.

I'll leave you with some pics I got today, mostly of my nephew Jeremiah and niece Melissa...








Annnnd that's all folks, I'm ready for bed! Sleep well!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment