life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Purging plans

I'm doing a massive purge this weekend.
Pauline is coming over to help, she's the queen of making me purge.

I want to go through ALL of the kids clothes, put outfits together, and get rid of absolutely everything that doesn't go together with at least 2 or 3 outfits.
This is especially true for the girls clothes.
Holden and Dante have enough here, not too much.
Rayce has too many clothes but they're not a problem.
The girls...
well, they like to go through their drawers and closets and pull *everything* out.
They like to change clothes 3 or 4 times a day.
This, my friends, is a problem.
In addition to the fact that I keep holding onto things that barely fit, because I always worry we're gonna need them for something at some point, because I feel like they don't have enough, even though they do.

My room is overrun with basket upon basket of clean laundry.
Because I wash everything that hits the floor.
My room is trashed.
With clean laundry.
Because I can't keep up.
Because there is too much.
And because the kids aren't helping the matter with their closet emptying episodes.

I'd like to get a laundry marker and mark the tags on the kids clothes to keep them straight, too.
That way, things that are XXX's size but actually run a little bit small don't end up being worn to school on accident.
One dot for things that fit Rayce, two dots for Holden, three for Charlize, four for Dante, five for Liliya.
Easy peasy.

I'd like to do the same thing again with the toys.
Go through it all again.
Get everything wiped down, like with like, organized, and get rid of the rest.
I also really want to find someplace else to put the kids books.
We have lots of them.
Lots.
And the kids don't actually READ them often.
But they sure do enjoy pulling them down.
And I'm sick of books getting ruined because they were on the floor, or ripped up, or chewed on by a dog.

I'm in overhaul mode.
Now hopefully I can find the energy to make it happen!
(I've been realllllly tired and blah and extremely fatigued for three days now, UGH, but I started taking a multivitamin with iron again so hopefully it starts helping soon and I can keep up with taking them!)


No comments:

Post a Comment