life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weekend catch up

This weekend is gonna be crazy.
I have big plans.
Overhaul cleaning, purging, and organizing.
So the house is in tip-top shape.
So we can work hard to start following a routine next week.
Liliya needs to potty train, she's almost three.
Charlize and Liliya need time every day to work on letter writing and recognition, counting, etc.
The pups need to keep working on their schedule (which we're finally figuring out).

Once the house is in tip-top shape, I won't have to spend my time catching up, I can start fresh.

Must get all the laundry washed and put away at the same time.
Must purge clothes.
Must purge VHS tapes that we never watch.
Must think about toys and what actually gets played with, and must purge the rest.
Must wash all bedding.
Must clear off basement stairs.
Must clean underneath furniture.
Must scrub out fridge.
Must clean back room.

Early to bed Sunday for us all.

Then Monday, we begin our revised and more regular routine.
Including a time every day for educational activities and games.
Including some changes for myself involving diet and exercise.
Including some new roles for the kids to take on (aka helping out like they should have been all along!).




1 comment:

  1. Just this morning, Donovan took the wash from the machine and put it in the dryer and started it all by himself! YES!! He was pretty psyched. I go in fits about what the kids do or don't do; they always put their own laundry away, that's been the past 6 months. They always have to clear their floors for me to vacuum. They always have to bring their plates to the kitchen when they're done. The sometimes clean the bathroom for me (yay vinegar and baking soda cleaner!) and sometimes unload the dishwasher. D has been helping get his lunch ready with me the past week, he started following me downstairs in the mornings and I figured why let him just sit there?

    Good luck this weekend - I have a MAJOR closet purge to do in our attic: Things we're keeping for sentiment going down to the basement; things we're not going to use are out of here, so that only things we need more ready access to are there in the closet and can actually be accessed! Bedrooms are OK, probably could purge a bit more in prep for Christmas...Downstairs looks pretty good toy wise, though I might pull the 3 things they only play with when other kids are here and put them in a closet so they're not taking up space.

    I have to be honest, your tales of puppy housetraining are making me rethink getting a puppy soon! I just am gettign to a place where i don't ahve to do so much for people, I'm not sure if I want to take on a puppy right now, maybe I need a year off! ;)

    ReplyDelete