life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Charlize, Christmas, and whatever else I think of

I'm worried about Charlize.
Her behavior the last couple weeks has been nothing less than crazed.
(She's had more than her fair share of fits, more than any of my other kids, but not like this, with this intensity)
Which I wouldn't think quite so much of, if she wasn't having some strange other changes, also.
She's been ridiculously thirsty. Waking up two or three times a night crying for water.
She's been having psychotic fits, screaming that she's hungry when she's eaten plenty.
And she's started gagging on food sometimes.
Not a particular food, either.
It's been string cheese, meatballs, pasta, bananas...
She's always been a great eater, she will eat anything, and lots of it. Usually.
It's these weird 'symptoms' with the radical behavioral changes that make me uncomfortable.

I'm calling tomorrow to make her an appointment.

It could be nothing.

But I want to make sure my bases are covered and that at least her doctor is aware of these changes.



Christmas.
I spend way too much time thinking about it.
But I adore Christmas.
I love giving gifts to my kids.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out exactly what else to get.

I spent over an hour at KMart on Monday, picking things out to put on layaway.
And then, I finished up, headed to the back of the store to the layaway section, and saw a huge line.
Like 12 people long.
And I left the cart there and left.

It kind of upset me, because I had planned to get that done.
But then I was thinking about it, after I left, and it's not such a bad thing.
The stuff there is usually more expensive than at WalMart or somewhere else, anyway.
And you have to pay a $10 fee, also.
I was planning to pay it off and pick it all up next week.

I may as well pay a cheaper price and pay for it all at once, next week, and avoid the $10 fee in the first place.

I had picked out an Imaginext Dragon Fortress as a group gift for all the boys. 
I would have picked out a few extras to go with that, also.
I picked out an electronic dinosaur for Rayce, and 2 of the medium sized transforming Bakugans.
I picked out a two pack of Transformer Crossovers for Holden.
A freestyle etch-a-sketch.
A V Tech Phonic pals electronic toy.
And I can't remember what else, that was most of it.

I was feeling pretty good about it, too.
I still would have needed to find a couple more things each for Holden and Dante.
Rayce would have been done.

I would like to get the Furry Frenzies City thing as a group gift for all the kids, because I got them each a ZhuZhu Pet.

Blah, blah, blah.

I just can't wait to go shopping next week and get it all done and over with so I don't have to think about it anymore!

I need to do a Christmas photoshoot with the kids and buy frames for all the family members I plan to give pictures to.

I need to print pictures for nice albums for Anthony's mom, dad, and grandma.

I need to have the kids paint their cinnamon ornaments, and I need to put a clear coat on their salt dough ornaments, and get ribbons on all of the ornaments.

So much to do. So little time, it seems.

Tomorrow I've got to wash all our bedding again.
Rayce's pull-up leaked in his bed one night then in my bed last night.
Charlize had an accident last night (her first since she started wearing panties to bed between 1 and 2 weeks ago).
I've got to do a load of diapers.
Get the girls' laundry put away.
Print pictures for Rayce's and Charlize's school projects.
One of them is due Friday and one is due Monday, I can't remember which is which.

1 comment:

  1. I also would be concerned with Charlize's odd behaviour. Not to alarm you (because it's really manageable once you're aware of it), but I think there's a large possibility that she's diabetic. Excessive thirst is a classic symptom, and when blood sugar drops it can cause severe mood swings. Also, eating and not being satiated from it is another symptom. Check here:

    http://www.facts-about-diabetes.com/signs-of-diabetes-in-children.html

    There are also studies that seem to show that black people are more prone to diabetes (I'm not sure how accurate this is, nor [presuming it's accuracy] how it affects biracial people), so this is something that you may really want to look into. I certainly hope that it's something simple, but of course a diabetic child is something that is very manageable. I love you and am here for you always!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete