life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Monday, November 15, 2010

Frustrations

I had forgotten how frustrating house-breaking dogs can be.

It's only been 2 days.

But I'm so frustrated already!!

Bailey seems to be doing better than Brody.
I can only say that because I've caught Brody in the act many more times than Bailey. 
The puddles I end up stepping in... I'll never know who left them there.

Brody is NOT doing well in the crate tonight. He barks and yowls and whines (LOUDLY) for a good fifteen minutes every time he goes in.
I didn't even want to go down and take him outside again because I knew once I put him back, it would start all over again.
But I had to take them out one more time before bed.

I've found that taking them out front on a leash, one at a time, seems to be better, because I KNOW they're going potty that way.
I know they've gone potty, before I bring them back inside, whereas if I just put them out back for a few minutes, for all I know, they could just be running around the whole time.

It's been ten years since we've had to potty train a pup.
And honestly, we did horribly with Samson and Spencer.
Samson still has accidents inside.
And until they were like 4 years old, their favorite place to go potty was on the carpet in the spare room.
I can't tell you how much money Wegman's made off us renting rug doctors during those years.

I really hope things settle down quickly and the potty training starts going better, soon.

And now Bailey is barking.
*Sigh*

I'm frustrated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment