life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Friday, June 26, 2009

Staples at Camp Isaac

low fat string cheese... I buy the big bags of 24 sticks, a few bags at a time, 2-3 times a month.


goldfish pretzels
goldfish crackers
animal crackers
microwave popcorn... all by the case. Sam's Club has been seeing more and more business from us!!! We buy the biggest cases they have of these things usually twice a month.


apples
bananas
grapes
oranges
carrot sticks... we buy several pounds at a time of each 2-3 times a month, a couple 3 pound bags of apples, 3 or 4 big bunches of bananas (a few times a week on the bananas... these kids would turn into bananas if I didn't limit them), 2-3 bags of grapes and oranges, 3 pounds of carrots...

bread... we buy 2-3 loaves at a time, usually twice a week.

peanut butter... I started buying the biggest jar they sell at Wal Mart... 4 pounds. It lasted a couple weeks.

Go-Gurt, 1% milkfat... I buy 2 of the family size boxes every time we shop at walmart, 2-3 times a month. I freeze it and it makes less mess and a reasonably healthy cold sweet snack.

milk and juice... we go through about a gallon a day of each milk and juice when I have 7 kids... about 3/4 a gallon a day of each with just 5. I dilute the juice by adding twice the water... I use one can of concentrated 100% juice with a gallon of water. I've been doing it all their lives and the kids don't know the difference, and they get less sugar that way and more water :o) Rayce, by the way, refuses to drink water... the kid will go thirsty before he will drink water. Unless it's from a refrigerated water bottle (we drink Poland Spring).

And of course... diapers, pull ups, and wipes. We go through about 3 boxes of 720 wipes a month (I also use wipes to clean faces and hands). Two to three boxes of 176 size 4 diapers a month. Two boxes of 80 pull ups a month. I spend at least $150 a month on just butt-related items! (And did I mention we create at *least* 1 (usually 1 and 1/2)kitchen size garbage bag full of trash every single day, half of the bag is diapers!! Had I known how many kids I was going to have/take care of, I would have used cloth from the beginning... we're probably filling an entire landfill ourselves!!)

Just a glimpse into the Camp Isaac household!!! Thank God for bulk suppliers!!!

1 comment:

  1. freezing go-gurt is a good idea!! I am totally doing that for Anthony!!! I wish they made go-gurt with soy yogurt too, I think Lukas would LOVE it!!
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete