life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Thursday, June 18, 2009

pink eye, laundry, unpreparedness

I am so glad to report that I am down by 12 pounds :o) I know this blog is mostly for and about the kids but I'm so excited the scale is finally again that I had to share anyway! I've been eating so much healthier for over 2 months now, and I lost the first 10 of these 12 pounds in the first few weeks. Since then, it's been slooooow going. I had also stopped eating quite as healthy as I was, once the numbers stopped decreasing. I was still eating sooo much healthier, but apparently not healthy enough. This week I'm back with it, 100%, and it's paying off!

Holden's swollen lymph nodes are apparently just some external sign of something he's fighting off. Which is typical. But after everything we went through with Liliya's swollen nodes and white blood cell counts... that's just not something we mess around with. Similar to head injuries.

This week has been gray and, finally, rainy. Yes that grass seed is finally getting some water!!! It's probably already been half eaten by the birds and squirells, anyway. We're just gonna keep spreading seed every couple weeks all summer, and hopefully by next year, we'll have the ground covered. Who would have guessed it would take so much work to grow some grass!! The stuff is *everywhere*. Except our backyard. Grrrr!

I've developed a nice case of pink eye since yesterday. All day yesterday my eyes were itchy and I kept thinking I had an eyelash in there or something. By last night, I was pretty sure it was pink eye. The crusty goop on my eyelashes this morning confirmed it. Last year the kids and I passed pink eye around for over a month, and I ended up at the opthamologist with a severe infection inside the outter layer of my eye. The surface of my eyeball was loose and wrinkly and it moved and bunched up when I moved my eye. It was gross. Luckily I already have pink eye medication here :o) Breast milk works wonders!! Seriously!!! Look it up!!!!

Charlize's birthday party is on Sunday and I am less prepared than I have ever been. I bought 2 decorations and a pack of plastic forks. I only bought her a couple gifts, too. I'm trying to tone down the gift giving holidays. The kids don't appreciate the party decorations, anyway. My stepmom has some leftover Hawaiian (how the heck do you spell that anyway??) themed decorations and stuff that she's bringing. I still need to get out and buy paper plates and cups, sodas and snacks, goodie bags, order a cake, and buy her a few little pieces of jewelry... she wants a necklace and bracelet and she needs new earrings :o)

I've got tons of laundry to put away, yet again. It goes in spurts... I wash a bunch, then I put a bunch away. Then I wash another bunch. Never ending!!

Enough for now, I'll have another bunch of pics by the end of the weekend :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment