life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

call me SuperMom :o)

Some days I've got it and some days I don't.

Today, I've got 7 kids. At this moment, all 7 are napping :o) A miracle!! Not only are all of them napping, but I've already picked up and swept!! Wooo hooo, go me!

Now, to be honest, my kids are still running around in diapers/undies (well, sleeping in diapers/undies!). No one is dressed except Linda's kids. But, seriously, whatever!! The 3 boys are getting haircuts this afternoon then they're all going into the tub right after, getting nails clipped (and girls nails painted), then out to play in the backyard to get dirty all over again :o)

That's my new smiley, by the way. Isn't he cute?? :o) I like the big nose!

My plan, starting tonight, is to pick out the kids clothes for the next day when I'm getting PJ's out. Then it will be easier to get them dressed in the morning. Also, I'm going to start picking up and sweeping again after they're in bed. That way it's clean in the morning, which usually just makes the day go a little smoother.

I pick up and sweep every single day during naptime. But by dinner time, it looks like I haven't done it in a week. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating. I can't wait till the kids are old enough to delegate real chores to, like sweeping and mopping and dishes!!!

You all better be peeking in the windows, I'll probably be violating child labor laws!! After all the work I do to keep up with these guys... they OWE me!

Anyway, I've been planning to do some educational work with the kids here at home, forever. I've just never gotten around to doing much, more than once in a while. But I'm inspired by a friend who has started doing it with her own kids :o) I have tons of resources. I have the most wonderful book ever, I have dozens of websites bookmarked... there is no reason not to sit down with the kids for a while every day and keep them busy with things that are GOOD for them!

It would be great for Rayce to be working regularly with letters and writing and sounding out short words. It would be wonderful for Holden and Charlize and Jonathan to start learning to recognize the letters and numbers. And there is NO reason I can't do it. I've gotta get my printer hooked up and find my binder full of printables to make copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment