life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bed hogs!!!

Somehow, I ended up with *both* Rayce and Charlize in my bed last night. This doesn't leave much room for Mama!!!

Really, it was because I had taken some tylenol PM and felt like I might be sick if I didn't lay down and go to bed. The kids took advantage of that and came in after I was laying down!! I couldn't fight with them enough to get them out. So, there they stayed.

Last year after Anthony passed away, the kids slept with me regularly. I wanted them close so I could check their breathing 28 thousand times a night, and they wanted to be close to me, everyone won. I usually ended up sleeping across the foot of my bed by about 2am, because there was just not enough room for 3 or 4 people in one bed. Especially not 2 or 3 kids that all like to sprawl out and move closer every time I tried to roll over to get a little further away! So, my feet hung off the side of the bed, it was hard to keep the blankets on... blah blah blah. But I didn't want them in another room.

Last night, however, was a different story. Although I can't quite get used to not having Anthony in the bed next to me, I have adjusted, somewhat. I now lay in the middle of the bed, because it doesn't feel quite so empty that way. A lot of times I sleep diagonally, from corner to corner. I sprawl out, make myself comfy in a mound of pillows (I used to crowd Anthony right out of the bed with all my pillows... he only allowed me to indulge in my pillow fetish when I was pregnant, though. But I was pregnant for like 3000 years straight LOL). So, I wanted my bed to myself last night. I've gotten used to making myself comfortable in bed at night.

I started out with a pillow between me and the kids. I don't know what happened to that pillow, because by the time I was conscious enough to look around to see what was going on, it was gone. The kids were taking up 3/4 of the bed. I couldn't lay on my left side like I am comfortable laying, because Charlize kept smacking me in the face. She had her leg up and over mine. Rayce's feet were digging into my legs.

When I finally got up to use the bathroom this morning, I went and slept in Charlize's bed!! It's sad when you have to go sleep in a kid's bed, to get away from the kids!!

My back is *killing* me from the contortionist moves I was performing last night in an effort to make myself more comfortable while assuring the kids stayed asleep.

I think Mama deserves a nap today :o)

1 comment: