life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chocolate for breakfast

My kids don't really like to eat in the morning. They never have. Especially Rayce. But I get tired of trying to feed them and then throwing food away. The solution? Chocolate cereal. Yeah, I know, how wonderfully healthy, right?? This week we ended up with a cereal that looks like chocolate Kix with Lucky Charms marshmallows in it. Everyone but Rayce eats fruit with breakfast, so I guess that's a little nutrition, right??

I'm thinking I really need to find something healthier that Rayce will eat for breakfast, before school starts. Getting up early, to an alarm clock, and getting dressed and fed is going to be a new thing for us. He's just not a hungry kid in the mornings, but I want him to eat *something* nutritious before school.

Although I supposed just about anything is better than nothing when you have a kid that won't eat breakfast who isn't going to get another chance to eat for a few hours??

Annnnnyway, I've got 7 kids today. They're eating their chocolate breakfasts right now, and as soon as I can get everyone cleaned up and dressed, I'll be shoving them out the back door!!! Hoping to snap some great pics today, the weather is beauuuuuuuuuutiful!!! It's about 70 and sunny now, at 930am.

I am sooooooo grateful for our backyard :o) I know I've said it half a dozen other times here on this blog, but I cannot emphasize how wonderful having a shady, completely fenced in backyard has been for us. On days like this when we have a full (or bursting?) house, the backyard has been my saving grace. The kids will play outside alllllllllll day. Yes, they get filfthy. Who cares though?? They have a blast, being outside is so good for them, and there's less mess to clean up :o) It's a win-win-win-win situation!!

I'm going to put the ferrets outside in their playpen today, too, so they can get some fresh air and sunshine. They love being outside too :o)

Nuff for now... hopefully there will be some beautiful pictures up later!!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried yogert for Rayce? They have the trix kind and they taste good and are good for you. You are right, even if it is chocolate cereal it's much better than going without anything to eat until 11 or when ever they eat lunch at school, best to start trying now!! Good luck!
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete