life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Thursday, June 4, 2009

My curly headed fro-babies :)



Charlize is the only one with enough hair that I have to fight with it... so far. We keep the boys hair short (too short, accidentally, if you saw the last round of pictures!!!), and Liliya's hair is taking ages to grow in.




My poor Charlize has super curly, semi-textured hair, that curls in tiny 1/2" ringlets. It's gorgeous until it touches something. Anything. If she leans back against the couch, if she puts a hat on for a millisecond, if we have to ride in the car and she lets her head touch the back of the carseat... it flattens and looks matted. My poor girl. It is such a challenge to keep on top of her hair!


I've already decided that once she's old enough for school, I'm either going to have to learn how to braid, or I'm going to have to pay to have someone braid her hair. I can't be fighting with her every single morning before school to get that tangled mess brushed out and fixed!!


Tight pony-tails work best so far, and they're so sweet on her because when I twist the hair around my finger, she ends up with these gorgeous banana-curls. Sooooo sweet!


I have previously been a fan of headbands. But lately, her hair is getting too long on the sides and it looks strange.


Today, I brushed it out, put some leave in conditioner and a bit of mousse (spelling?!?!) in it, and kind of shook it out. It is sooooo cute!

1 comment:

  1. My cousin has hair like that. She isn't black at all, but she and her mom both have always had really TIGHT curls their whole lives. Not that ethnicity matters, except that with HAIR it usually does. LOL YOU know what I mean!

    ANYway, what I'm getting at is that she has 2 daughters and it looks like at least her firstborn is going to also have that same kinky-curly hair, and she likes to part it down the middle, put it in pigtails at the top of the head (like just above the ears), and then make another set of pigtails, including the hair from the top pigtails, and band them at the base of the skull. Hard to explain... but even with somewhat shortish hair, it's doable. Maybe it could help? LOL Good luck!

    ReplyDelete