life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Random updates

I'm still sick. Not as sick as I was a couple days ago, but still definitely sick. My left lung is still junky, and my chest muscles are starting to hurt from all the coughing. It sucks. But I am doing better than I was so I have to keep reminding myself that I'm starting to come out of this illness and it should be over soon.

The kids are doing a lot better. Still coughing some and snotty, but not acting sick.

I miss my Bubba and Dante :o(  I haven't seen them in over a week now. I was going to try to take them tonight and keep them all day tomorrow but I just can't handle 5 kids, still feeling this sick. I misssss my boysss.

Charlize is still doing pretty good with the potty training. I do have to make her sit on the potty every so often, to keep her from having accidents. Some days she remembers on her own more often. But it's progress, and the less diapers I have to change, the better!

We haven't done a whole lot of 'preschool' this week, because we've all been so sick. I'm still working with Charlize on several letters, I'll quiz her about them a few times throughout the day. She knows the sounds of A, B, and D, still working on C, and she recognizes all of those letters as well. The kdis have been doing a decent amount of arts and crafts, mostly on their own. Their new favorite is brown paper bag puppets. With googley eyes and pipe cleaer whiskers, of course.

Tomorrow is the 2 week mark of my new lifestyle. I'm down 7 pounds as of yesterday, even after some less than ideal eating for a few days because of the sickies (read... Chinese takeout for dinner and lunch the next day, hotdogs for lunch one day cuz I was too blahhh to do anything but pop something in the microwave!). A friend introduced me to a great free weight loss site called sparkpeople.com and it looks realllly cool. I joined, and it's inspiring to read other people's blogs and see their progress.

I can't wait until my lungs are back to normal function so I can start adding some exercise to my routines.

The healthier eating is really paying off already. I'm eating LOTS of fruits and veggies, defintiely over my 5 a day goal. I still haven't done wonderfully with cutting back on portions at dinner, but hey, one step at a time, right? I'm trying so hard to take small steps that I can stick with, without feeling deprived. Because when I feel deprived... that's when I eventually fall of the bandwagon. So I'm eating yogurt and fruit for breakfast, sometimes with 1/4 cup of granola. Salad for lunch with chopped chicken or ham, sunflower seeds, and ranch dressing. If I'm still hungry about half an hour after my salad, I have a bowl of soup or a sandwich, but I only need that little extra maybe half of the time. I eat fruits and veggies for snacks, usually dipped in a couple Tbsp of peanut butter (protein fills me up!) or a little ranch dressing. For dinner we've been doing our normal thing but not cooking a starchy, processed side dish about hald of the time. Yes, about half of the time we will have mashed potatoes or rice or something like that. But we're doing a lot better than we were and not only do I feel good about this, I also feel like I could keep this up forever. My next goal is to cut way back on diet pepsi lime :o(   I looooove my diet pepsi lime. It's going to be hard to give it up. But I know it'll be so much better for me to drink water.

I'm sooooo over winter, and I'm more than ready for spring. I can't wait for the warm, fresh air. I can't wait to spend half the day on the deck while the kids play in the yard. I can't wait for picnics outside and trips to the park. I can't wait for my dad to build the kids their barn/playhouse/swingset. THAT is gonna be sooooo cool!!

Anyway, enough for now. The kids ran downstairs a while ago and even though my mom is down there... I've gotta get moving, even though I'd love nothing more than to rest and heal in bed for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment