life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Camp Isaac Home Preschool

Doing 'preschool' at home isn't turning out quite like I had planned. The kids just don't have much of an attention span yet!! So we've done it twice this week and for only an hour each time.

Which is more than fine. They're having fun, doing a little bit of more structured learning... it's all good.

Today I helped the girls use some scissors. Charlize almost got it. Liliya did not. Their hands are pretty much just too small and not coordinated enough. But they had fun trying and I bet Charlize will have it down soon :o)

We talked about a few letters... I have Charlize working on recognizing and learning the sounds of and writing A, B, and C, and Liliya learning to recognize L.

Then we played with play-doh!

It's *not* how I pictured it in my head, but it works and it's fun :o)





















On to other news... this is the third day of my new lifestyle (read... diet, LOL) and it's going very well. I've been eating yogurt with fruit for breakfast, salad (sometimes with soup) for lunch, fruits, veggies, and lowfat string cheese for snacks, and whatever we have for dinner (trying to eat smaller portions of the starchy sides but haven't been totally successful with that yet!). I've actually lost almost 4 pounds already! I know the loss will slow down in the next few days, and that's fine as long as it doesn't stop. It's taking a lot of getting used to, being hungry. I tend to eat from boredem and really and honestly rarely give myself the chance to feel even slightly hungry. That's very new for me. It's going to take a while to get used to it and be ok with it!!! All in all, though, I'm feeling good (besides good Aunt Flow who decided to drop in this week :-X) and I'm very excited to have a new start at trying to shed some of this extra weight!

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful children! Check out my blog for lots of homepreschool ideas!
    Blessings,
    Susan Lemons
    www.susanlemons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete