life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Liliya :'o)

Liliya is 2 years old today. She insists that she is, in fact, five.

Two years ago, the anesthesiologist had a heck of a time getting the spinal in. After multiple failed attempts at both numbing me up and putting the big needle in (because it was hurting me so much), he tried one space higher and it worked.

They brought Anthony in after they had already started the c-section. Within minutes, Dr Amin held this little bundle of joy up for me to see. The whole experience was very surreal, more than my first two babies. It felt like a dream, like I wasn't really there.

Besides the spinal issues, my c-section with Liliya went much more smoothly than my other two. I didn't get sick, didn't get the shakes terribly, and I just generally felt really good, once the anesthesia wore off.

It took them a couple hours to bring her in to me, after doing all their paperwork and getting both of us cleaned up.

She was perfect, just like I expected her to be. She was so tiny. Even though she was the biggest of my 3, she still seemed soooo tiny. She had her Daddy's chin, but other than that, I've always thought she looked the most like me.

From the beginning I felt like I had a strange connection with Liliya. I've never told anyone this because you all might think I'm crazy, but when she was a newborn, and she would cry, I would visualize (while still partially asleep) rubbing her back and patting her butt, and many times, she would calm down. It was strange. I felt like I knew her. Like I knew what she needed, before she needed it. Maybe it was the fact that I had already had lots of experience with Rayce, Holden, and Charlize. Maybe I did have more of a connection with her from the beginning. Who knows. But I loved that feeling.

When Anthony died, Liliya had new meaning for me. It felt like she was his last gift to me, in a way. Sometimes I felt like Liliya was Anthony.

She is such her own little person. She had an attitude much earlier than the rest. She is uniquely Liliya. Everyone loves her. She is such a character.

My sweet Bee.

Happy Birthday, Liliya :'o)

Liliya, first born


Liliya's first birthday


Liliya at 2 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment