life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Friday, July 10, 2009

Oh my

It has been a very long week. A very, very, very, very long week. Some days I just can't understand why I am always so tired. I go to bed around 11 and get up usually between 8 and 830. There is no reason I should be tired. But I am, anyway, even without a good reason.

Today, Charlize threw the biggest fit of all time. She started as we were leaving an apartment. She didn't want to come with us. I tried carrying her. Not easy while the child is flailing and screaming and I'm trying to push a stroller at the same time. I put her down rather than drop her. She stood there and screamed, and everyone stared. So I acted like I was going to leave whether she came or not. More stubborn screaming. I finally had no choice but to carry her to the car. It took me 15 minutes to get her into the carseat and buckled. She was flailing, kicking, swinging, screaming, arching her back and doing rolls like the animals do when the Croc Hunter is trying to capture them. The security guards were watching out the window. At one point an employee came out and walked next to the car next to us. Like it was her car and she was looking for something. I think they sent her out to make sure I wasn't beating the kid! It's only about 2 miles to get home, and halfway there, she managed to unbuckle her chest clip and slide her arms out. So I pulled over into the DMV's parking lot. We were there for about 20 minutes. She screamed the entire time. I tried desperately to get her re-buckled. She kicked me, hit me, screamed at me. She was absolutely hysterical. It took me that long to get her buckeled again, and by the time we hit Main Street, she was unbuckled again. Then, just as quickly as she started, she stopped. By the time we got home she was swollen and blotchy but calm.

I did not even know what to do. I was soooo frustrated and overwhelmed, on the verge of tears and trying to laugh it off to avoid crying. It took *everything* within me to not completely lose my temper. She has never acted that way before, not for that long and not with that intensity. And I hope it never happens again.

We got the slip-n-slide out this afternoon and the kids had a blast. I bought that thing months ago and it's finally warm enough to use!!

Our family reuinion is tomorrow, and we leave for vacation next Friday. The next couple weeks are going to be just as busy as the last couple!!

We went shopping last night, and I can't believe the back to school stuff is already out!!! It's got me thinking and worrying about fall and winter clothes already, these kids are growing like weeds!!! Rayce was in a size 3 last year and is in a size 6 now. Charlize was wearing size 18 months last summer and is in a 3 or even a 4 now. Holden, Dante, and Liliya have hand-me-down's, thank goodness. But I'm gonna be scouring the consignment shops and the Salvation Army next month for fall and winter clothes!!! I'm trying to buy everything a little big, one size up. Who cares if we have to roll up the sleeves or the pants, it's more important that they fit for the entire season!!! Especially things like sweatshirts, they're more comfortable a little big anyway!!

Anywaym, enough for now, I've got mounds of laundry to work on before I can even think about packing for the vacay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment