life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Saturday, July 18, 2009

It was a loooong trip

The trip to VA took from 130pm until 1130 pm. It was a loooong trip. There was so much construction through PA that it took us almost 3 hours to go the first 90 miles. Luckily, the kids were actually reasonably well behaved for almost the entire journey! There was an hour or two towards the end, before they fell back asleep, that everyone was miserable. Liliya screamed for a good portion of that time. Charlize cried and whined. Rayce whined. That hour or so was ridiculously long. But, overall, the kids did *awesome*.

The 'units' down here are amazing. Each unit is like a townhouse or a condo. There is 2 apartments in each unit. Each apartment has 2 bedrooms, a living room, dining room, kitchen, and 2 bathrooms, one of which has an amazing huge jacuzzi tub that myself and 4 kids played in last year. This year Dad and Kim used both of their units, so they are in the upstairs apartment and I'm in the downstairs. There is one front door, a foyer with a door to their apartment and then stairs and a door going down to mine. It's so nice. Last year was kinda crazy, we only had one apartment and myself and all 4 kids piled onto the sleeper sofa. I didn't get much sleep during that vacation. I slept like a LOG last night. The drive was so long, I was so sore and tired.

I did have a *very* hard time getting Rayce and Charlize to go to bed. Charlize kept getting up and running around. I had fallen asleep and she was still jumping around in their room. In my half asleep stuper, I was *very* upset, and I think my tone of voice scared her into staying in bed from that point on. That, or maybe I was just too asleep to hear her crazy antics!!

So, we plan on going to the water park here in Massanutten and the children's museum in Harrisonburg. Other than that, I'm not sure what we'll do because money is kinda tight on my end and the kids are still so young that they can't do all that much yet anyway. We'll probably be spending a lot of time at the pool.

I *wish* wish wish I had gotten a little bit of a tan on my shoulders!! I have *such* a farmers tan from living in these v-neck t shirts!!!

Liliya developed a mysterious rash a few days ago and now Rayce has it also. Lovely, huh? The Dr at the walk in said it must be viral, they have no other symptoms and the rash isn't bothering them at all. But they look horrible. The photo ops just won't be the same with blotchy children!!

Two or three years down the road Dad and Kim want to use their timeshare to go to Disney and take the kids and I. I can't wait for that already. I am 24 years old and I've never been to Disney. It's the opportunity of a lifetime for the kids, also. I can just imagine the photo ops there!!!

Anyway, enough for now. The flipping fire alarm in my bedroom is beeping every minute, I guess the battery must be dying, and I can't get the thing down :o( Grrrrrr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment