life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A day in the life

I woke up this morning sometime before anyone else was awake, and just laid there until my sister showed up with her boys.

Changed 5 diapers/pull-ups, got 6 sippy cups of milk and 6 bowls of cereal fixed and sat the kids down for breakfast.

Sat down at the computer for my morning 'fix'. Yahoo mail, facebook and facebook zoo, blogger, and craigslist.

Found clothes for all the kids and got everyone dressed.

Fixed Jeremiah a bottle. By this point the kids were getting crazy and I was so flustered that instead of dumping the formula into the bottle, I dumped it into a bowl of cereal. Luckily I caught myself on the second scoop :-P

Opened the back door and let the kids outside, then shut the computer down to keep myself off from it. Distraction is dangerous with this many kids running around!

Fed and changed Jeremiah, then put him in his swing.

Picked up and swept the downstairs, cleaned the ferret cage.

By then it was only about 10:30.

Started some laundry, put the pork into the crockpot for dinner, and started fixing lunch.

Fed the kids outside on the picnic table, then brought them all inside for clean diapers/pottying/scrubbing up. It was wet outside and everyone was filfthy. So dirty that they needed clean clothes. So they ran around mostly naked for a while. Popped in a movie for background noise while they ran around inside for a while. Jonathan had diarhea and when I layed him down to change him, it squirted up his back.

Naptime for the middle 5 at around 130, Rayce picked up the toys, Jeremiah ate again and had some tummy time for a bit and then fell asleep. I layed down on the couch and closed my eyes for a bit while Rayce snuggled me and watched Noggin.

Kids got up at 330 and from that point on were crazed all day. Literally crazed. Bouncing off the walls, fighting, yelling, screeching, testing, manipulating... UGH!

Fixed popcorn and juice for a snack, the kids ate while I changed 6 diapers/pull-ups and re-dressed one at a time. Fed Jeremiah again.

I wanted to keep them inside because I didn't feel like having to scrub everyone up again, but that didn't last long. They were too crazy to be kept inside. So I opened the door and let them out again. They played outside for a while. Mom came home and looked around and signed. I swear it was clean an hour earlier. It really was. But it looked like I hadn't cleaned in a week. So I picked up and swept again, took some trash outside, switched laundry.

Drained and shredded the pork, added the BBQ sauce, and set the crockpot to warm. Fixed the kids grilled cheese sandwiches and apple fries with a small pile of pulled pork on the side (they pick sandwiches apart... pulled pork and sloppy joes don't work for these kids!). Changed diapers and cleaned everyone up again. Ate dinner myself. Fed and changed Jeremiah.

Mom drove my boys home and Linda showed up to pick up her boys at 7. Now it's just me and the 3 I grew in my belly.

I. Am. Exhausted.

I need to go shopping. But, it's just *not* gonna happen tonight. I am way toooooo tired!!

1 comment:

  1. (((HUGS))) You work SO hard SO much of the time. I wish there were something I could do. I want to hire you a Nanny for help! I promise as soon as I win the lottery........

    ReplyDelete