life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Sunday, March 13, 2011

weekenddd

Yesterday, I turned 26.

26 is closer to 30 than it is to 20.
So I'm feeling slightly old.

But it was a great day.
The sun was shining.
Rayce and Liliya went to a birthday party, Charlize spent the day (and night) with her BFF Jada.

My momma took me shopping.
It was a lucky flipping day to go shopping!
Everything at Fashion Bug was 40% off!!
I felt like I won the lottery.
I got a bunch of t shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, a few nice shirts, a pair of shoes, a purse...
socks, undies, bras.
I'll be set for a while now.
And it feels SOOOO nice to have some new clothes for *myself*!

Drew and I went out to dinner at Outback.
He got me a gorgeous necklace and earrings set, white gold with white sapphires, 'journey' jewelry, representing life's journey.
They are sooooo pretty!!
And dinner was wonderful!

My dad and stepmom brought me a sewinggggg machine that I absolutely cannot wait to learn how to use!!
I have so many ideas.
I want to make dresses for the girls.
Doll clothes.
The quilts for the kids from Anthony's clothes.
I'd love to learn how to sew cloth diapers.
My wheels are turrrrrning!!!

Then we came back home for some mississippi mud, and spent the night at Drew's house last night.
This morning, Drew got up with the kids and I got to sleep in till 10:30.
TEN THIRTY!
Unheard of!

Today was a little crazy, but it turned out good anyway.
We went to Drew's great-grandma's 90th birthday party.
The kids had a blast.
Liliya fell in love with Uncle Tom.
Bobcia made a delicious cake by substituting a few ingredients in a cake mix with orange juice and orange zest, and she made the frosting from scratch, it was sooooo good (I'm not usually much for the icing on cakes, they're usually too sweet!)!!!

After the party, we all went outside and Drew released some balloons for Acen's sixth birthday last week.
It was a sad moment.
(for anyone who doesn't know, Drew lost his five year old son Acen in September 2010, to an unexplained allergic reaction)
I never met Acen but I think about him all the time.
I miss the part I know he would have played in my life, alongside Drew and Reni.
And my heart breaks for his family, every day.

The rest of the day was uneventful.
We came home, hung out, kids were crazy from the soda and cake.
Now they're in bed, and I had a big piece of leftover mud.
It'll be an early to bed kind of night for me, tonight, too, after a long and busy but mostly wonderful weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment