life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The air is fresh.
It smells like spring.
Like dirt.
Like melting snow.
And worms waking up.

I don't know what exactly it is about the weather, but it affects my mood soooo much.
And tonight, I feel so good about life.

Spring always feel like a fresh start.

Everything is so fresh and new in the spring.

It's the re-birth of life, in so many ways.

I've seen 3 robins in the past weeks.
Several flocks of geese.
And a few crocuses sprouting up from the slightly less frozen ground.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tonight I went to a kindergarten readiness program for Charlize.
I'm really not sure she's ready for kindergarten, but it's time.
I've got so much to do to get her ready.
Mostly in the area of socialization and being part of a group and away from me.

It seemed so much easier with Rayce, which doesn't make much sense.
Most people say the first and the last are the hardest.
But Charlize is in the middle.

Maybe it's just because it's her.
Because she seems to be having a harder time than Rayce ever did.

Man, I walked him into the classroom on his first day and he was like "see ya, Mama!".

I guess his readiness and eagerness made it easier for me.

Luckily, I've still got several months (five-ish?) to get Charlize all hyped up and ready to go.

She needs to learn 
lower case letters
her address
her birthday
her phone number

She needs to practice
cutting
pasting
counting in one-to-one correspondence
putting puzzles together

And more than anything, she needs to get out of the house and be a part of a group more often.

I'm hoping that dance class will help (starts in 2 weeks).
T-ball starts in a month or so, also.
Other than that, I'm not really sure what else to do.

I'm desperately hoping that we can get Charlize and Drew's daughter into the same kindergarten class.
It'll make homework time a lot easier with both of them doing the same assignments.
And I think Reni will help Charlize open up to the other kids more and be more comfortable in general, having her friend there with her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm babysitting for my sister tomorrow.
Hoping it goes smoothly.
Hoping Jeremiah doesn't get into too much trouble and Melissa isn't too cranky and Jonathan and Charlize won't fight all day.
Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I've got soooo much laundry to do, again.
And bedrooms to clean.
And litterboxes to empty.
And bedding to wash.
And hair to braid.
And baths to give.

And then tomorrow evening Linda and Dave are picking up a new set of bunkbeds and dressers for the boys room from a lovely woman from craigslist!!! Yayyy!!!

Friday I've got a million things to do, too.

Getting ready for my friend Candice's baby shower (Saturday), I'm taking care of the games.
I still can't believe she's having a baby!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seems like every time I turn around, months have flown by and things are changing too quickly for me to keep up with.

I've really gotta do a photoshoot with my kiddos sometime very soon.
They're growing up too fast.





No comments:

Post a Comment