life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The few people that read my blog...
you're gonna get sick of hearing this.

BUT.
Is it spring yet?
:o(

I can't take this weather anymore!!
The girls are worse today than they were yesterday.
Seems like they're getting sick AGAIN before they even come completely out of the previous illness.
Charlize is coughing up a lung.
Liliya is so congested she can't breathe through her nose.
My poor girls.

Anyway, all I can think about is nice weather.
About all the things I want to do.
Outside.
Parks and pools every single nice day.
Eating healthier foods, for myself AND the kids.
Picnic lunches.

~*~

I was looking at laptop lunch boxes online, but they're soooo expensive.
Seriously... $40 a pop. For one lunch kit.

Annnnnd since I need six of them...
There's just no way.
I'm a single Mama on a serious budget.

A friend pointed me in the direction of Fit & Fresh.
They make containers that have ice packs that snap into the lids.
And they're very reasonably priced!
I can't wait to be able to get some, I'll probably have to wait till next month.

They have several different varieties.
I put together a shopping cart to keep track of what I want to order.
For myself and the five kiddos to be out of the house for a large portion of the day when it's nice out, I put into my cart...

2 fruit and veggie bowls. These are sooo neat. They have a cup in the middle to hold up to one cup of a dip, and then three divided sections around the center which each hold 1 1/4 cups of food.
I'm thinking a fruit bowl with a yogurt dip, and a veggie bowl with ranch dressing or hummus. Yummm.

3- four cup smart portion chill containers. These look the perfect size for packing a pasta or potato salad. They have measurements up the side to make portion control easy, too.

2- four packs of the kids 2 cup chill containers. Perfect size for a sandwich, cut in half and stacked. Or a side of *anything*.

and then I have a water bottle for each of us added to the cart, as well. Kids chilled 14 ounce bottles for each of the kids (they each have a freezable ice pack that goes right into the bottle, so neat!)... red and purple for the girls (so, 2), orange and yellow for Rayce, green and blue for Dante, and green for Holden.  Then I have a CleanTek Stainless Steel water bottle for myself.

I've contacted the company, hoping to do a review for them!

~*~

Spring, please hurry.
We're waiting ever so (im)patiently.


No comments:

Post a Comment