life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Toys and SAHM'ing

As I'm sure you can tell from the pictures, the kids got a lot for Christmas!! Between my mom and I, my dad and stepmom, and my dad's side of the family, they're floating in toys!!! Good toys!

The MegaBlocks, Barbies, baby dolls and accessories, the Lincoln Logs, the preschool games, the Leapster games, interactive educational toys, the arts and crafts, play-doh, the dress up clothes... these are the kind of toys I want the kids to play with!!!

The best part of it all is that our TV has been off wayyyyy more than it has been on, which is a miracle in this house!!

Rayce especially is a TV addict. The TV is generally on for most of the day, with kids floating in and out to watch a few minutes at a time.

The last several days, it has been off a LOT, and I am soooo excited about that!!

The kids are keeping themselves busy and entertained!

The new toys are keeping them challenged, stimulated, and busy in creative ways!

Gator Golf and Don't Break the Ice are our new favorite games :o)  We still have a pile of games that haven't even been opened yet!! Memory, Candy Land, Twister, Chutes and Ladders...

Our baby dolls now have diaper bags, front carriers, spoons and bowls and bottles to go with them.

The kids have dress up clothes that they wear more than their actual clothes.

Liliya twirls around the house saying "Me a rina!" (ballerina!).

When Charlize is dressed up, I have to call her Princess Charlize to get her to use the toilet :o)  
(speaking of toileting, Charlize is doing wonderfully so far today!!)

We have enough MegaBlocks for everyone to build a super tall tower of their own, all at the same time!!!

Thank you to everyone who helped us have a great Christmas :o)

Today we broke out the Hooked on Phonics I bought on sale at Boscovs (for only $20!!!), I put the flash cards on the rings and worked with Charlize on A, B, and C, and with Rayce on compound beginning and ending sounds (he read all 14 kindergarten books without so much as the slightest hesitation, so we dove straight into 1st grade!!).

Who knew a barrel of monkeys could be more than just a linking game?? Today Charlize and I used them to count and pattern :o)

I've been picking up as we go along. I still have massive amounts of laundry to work on. But I spent the entire morning spending real quality time with the kids, and today, I am loving being a stay at home Mama :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment