life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Charlize wore panties alllll day and only had one accident all day :o)

There is no doubt in my mind that had I been more consistent, she could have been potty trained over the summer. But that girl poops literally 4-6 times a day and she would just poop right in her underwear and walk around in it!! The 3rd time I had to scrape poop out of underwear in one day, I was just done and over it and put her right back in a diaper. It's frustrating, to say the least!!

I have been telling myself that I was going to buckle down and get with the program when Rayce went back to school in January. But today, I decided, why wait?? We're home practically all the time, there is no excuse to not start now.

She's 3 1/2 years old. So we started today. And she did very well :o)   I made her sit on the potty every half hour, even when she said she didn't have to go. Tomorrow we'll do every half hour as well. Then for a couple days we'll do every 45 minutes. Then we'll bump it up to an hour. And hopefully within a couple weeks I won't have to remind her often and she'll realize she has to go and she'll make it to the potty in time. I'm hopefull. We've gotta stick with it. She's got to potty train. I've got to potty train her. We've gotta do this. It's wayyyy past time!!

~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, January 4th starts our preschool at home regime. Several days a week for an hour or two, I'm going to sit with the kids at the table and we're going to learn. I had started making out lesson plans and going way overboard, and today I realized that is not going to work. Not for us.

I bought Hooked On Phonics a few weeks ago, for 4-7 year olds. I looked through the kindergarten box tonight, and it looks like an amazing program.

Before we can use that though, the kids have to learn their letters!! So for right now, we're gonna focus on learning to recognize and write letters, a little bit of letter sounds, and some simple math concepts like patterns, shapes, colors, and counting.

We'll throw in arts and crafts to go along with it. We got lots of art supplies for Christmas!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Not much else new going on. Nuff for now, the kids are asleep and I'm on my way too :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment