life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Smile Because It Happened.

Twenty-three months.

Twenty-three months ago, my world came crashing down around me, and my life changed, forever.

Twenty-three months ago my children lost their father before they even got a chance to know him.

Twenty-three months ago I sat on the couch blankly while family and friends came in and out.

When the door would open, I would think it was him. When the phone rang, I yelled to him to answer it. When moms from STK brought us a truckload full of groceries and diapers, I turned around to ask him if he could believe it.

But he wasn't there.

Twenty-four months ago, he bought me the biggest Valentine's card I had ever seen. It was poster-sized. Twenty-four months ago, I had gotten my post-partum depression under control with the help of Zoloft. Twenty-four months ago, our relationship was finally feeling right again, we were getting along wonderfully, feeling more in love than ever before, pressing up against each other at night and breathing each other in.

Twenty-four months ago. So different than twenty-three months ago.

It all changed in a matter of moments.

I can't beleive it's been almost 2 years.

I miss him so much. It literally hurts.

But, as the saying goes...

'Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.'

We had an amazing, stressfull, overwhelming, crazy, beautiful, passionate, incredible run.

So, I'm smiling. Even if, sometimes, I cry at the same time.

:'o)

No comments:

Post a Comment