life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Recommitted

I'm recommitted to our homepreschool.

I've been slacking the last couple of weeks, in many different areas.

But this is one area I'm not willing to let go.

Don't get me wrong... I don't expect my children to sit at the dining room table and fill out worksheets all day. That would be ridiculous.

But I do expect myself to spend more time sitting down with them and talking about different things, letting them explore different things, and expanding upon the things they are interested in.

I do expect myself to keep the TV from becoming a babysitter, there to keep the kids entertained and out of my hair.

I do expect myself to provide as many opportunities for learning as possible, whether that learning comes from a book or a bug in the backyard.

Yes, I am recommitted. To the minds and hearts of my kiddos :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment