life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Preschool for Charlize

Charlize will be starting pre-k on Monday morning.

I am soooo ridiculously excited!!

It's gonna be a bit of a pain, because the preschool doesn't have transportation.

Which means I'll have to drag Liliya in every morning, and Liliya and Melissa in every afternoon.

But, ya do what ya gotta do.

And if we hadn't accepted this opening, we might have been waiting around for an opening at FEN (which does have transportation) that might have never happened.

Half day with no transportation now, or wait for an opening that might never happen somewhere else?!

Obvious choice!!

I'm also excited that she'll be going to the Handicapped Children's Association for UPK, because there is a better chance of her being exposed to more kinds of people there.

I want my kids to grow up being 100% accepting and loving towards everyone.

Anyway, I took her to pick out some things for school last night.

I dropped off her registration papers today and requested her physical and immunization records be faxed to HCA.

We should be all set!

And we can't wait!

Thank goodness Mom has Monday off, so she can get Rayce on the bus and be home with Liliya and Melissa so I can go hang around for a bit and get Charlize settled in and take lots of pictures like a Mama should :o)

School starts for her at 8:30, and the doors to the classroom don't open till 8:25. So I'll get Rayce on the bus at 8:15 and then pile the girls in the car and drive Charlize to pre-k every morning.

I plan to make a habit of going to the pal center, since we'll all be dressed and in the car after dropping Charlize off anyway. The kids love it there and so do I, there will be absolutely no reason not to go.

She gets out at 11:30, and I'm desperately hoping that having 3 hours at school will be enough to tire her out enough to take a nap after lunch!!

That's my plan, anyway.

Pick her up at 11:30, home for lunch and a NAP for everyone, myself included if I don't have tons of stuff that needs to be done. I'm going to work at keeping Melissa awake from 10am on so she can nap at the same time too :o)  Since she's starting to fall into a bit of a schedule lately, I'm really hopeful that this will work!

Unfortunately, I saw at the school today that picture day was yesterday and today. *Hopefully* they'll have a makeup day and she can get school pictures taken. If not, I'm going to take her to Sears and get the 7.99 package or whatever.

I can't even describe how excited I am for this.

This may sound terrible.

But I can't wait for all the kids to be in school.

Because I'm sooooo trapped until they are.

Can't work because I can't afford daycare and don't trust strangers to raise my kids anyway.

Can't go to school because I lost my financial aid and I certainly can't afford to pay for college.

So, once all the kids are in school, I will finally have the chance to get out of the house and work and be around adults and make a little bit of money for practically the first time in my life.

I've been thinking a lot lately about non medical caregiving (my friend Candice does this, basically companionship care and she helps with cooking and cleaning and things like that) and it really seems like something I would *enjoy*. I really do like being around people, so I've got to find something compatible. Even if I can't make lots of money, I want to have a job I enjoy.

I'm getting ready to go full speed ahead with potty training Liliya, especially now that Charlize will be in school and we'll be able to get into even more of a routine/schedule.

Anyway, other than that, it's been life as usual around here.

Maybe I'll get some new pictures posted soon, I haven't had my camera out much lately!

Nuff for now :o)  Goodnight!






1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys. I know how much we wanted Brooke to go to Pre K, so I know how much YOU wanted Charlize in, too! :n)

    That's one thing that I love about life changes; it forces you to change your own life. And since you HAVE to change anyway, it may as well be for the better.

    So since Charlize is going to preK, you're going to be forced to get everyone around and you might as well go to the PAL center. And I know that you feel that's a change for the better. ;n) Congratulations on making the most of every moment, Mama!

    I really don't think it sounds terrible AT ALL that you want all the babies in school. :n) This is what you've been preparing them for. And eventually Mom needs to have a life, too. One day your kids will grow up and be gone, and you don't want to have nothing in your life at that point. You're doing SO great! I'm really super proud of all that you've accomplished. You're a wonderful person and friend, and you deserve to live your life to it's very FULLEST!

    I think you'd be fantastic at companionship care! You're already a caregiver, and when I'm an oldie, you're certainly the type of person I'd want to come help me out! :n)

    Anyway, good luck with all of it. Can't WAIT to see pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete