life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Friday, September 3, 2010

Christmas thoughts again

I'm still thinking about Christmas. I probably will be until it's over with.

I definitely want to get a contributing membership to the Discovery Center. With that, we can visit loads of other kid places for free. Including the Museum of Play in Rochester, the ScienCenter in Ithaca... which are places we'll defintiely go.

I really want to either get or have Dad build a table for the kids in the foyer. I've been keeping my eyes open on Craigslist, because if I could find a straight legged table the right size, with straight legged chairs, we could just cut some off the legs to make it kid-height. Which would be awesome.
The kids need a bigger table that's theirs. One they can all sit at with a coloring book or whatever. I love our little picnic table but there's not enough room for 5 or 6 them to spread out with their own activities, if you know what I mean. When I was gonna try to have Dad build one, I decided that instead of chairs, it should have benches, with a lid that flips open, to double as storage space (for toys, throw blankets... ya know...). If I could find a nice table, Dad could always build just the benches. They would be pretty easy to build... just rectangular boxes with the flip up lid with toybox hinges to prevent pinched fingers.

I really want to get them some video rocker chairs. It would be wonderful if I could find some that would stack, although I doubt that will ever happen. If they had a solid frame and then the seats and backs were made from a strong mesh (kind of like the computer chairs with the mesh backs that 'let your back breathe')... that would work. But I've never seen anything like that.

Here is a neat video game chair that might work, they fold up to store!

Dress up clothes, boy and gender neutral and girl.

Games.

And furniture to help organize it all. I want to get another couple sets of the cube/cubby bookcase things, with the fabric bins. And I want to replace the bookcase in the dining room with something that has doors (so we can lock it and keep the kids out of the games and craft supplies when I'm not feeling up to cleaning it all up!). Underbed storage bins for in their rooms.

I don't really have many new ideas for the girls. Just more of the stuff they love and play with a lot, like their 18 inch dolls, Barbies, Polly Pockets, Littlest Pet Shops, and My Little Ponies. I would like to get them the daybed with trundle for their 18 inch dolls, I've seen them at Target. I think they would get a kick out that :o) They also keep eyeing the 'Zoobles' when we're out shopping, these little round animal like toys that pop out when you put them on top of their little houses. Strawberry Shortcake 'Berry Sweet Styles' doll sets and LaLaLoopsy Dolls are some other things they've been ooohing and ahhhing over.

The boys need more 'boy stuff'. So I want to get them a bunch of Imaginext playsets. Rayce has a bunch of the Imaginext dinosaurs and they all love them. Imaginext has a BatCave, Jokers FunHouse, a Space Ship, a Pirate Ship, and others I can't even remember right now. I remember seeing a new kind of action figure playset at WalMart too, I can't recall the name or brand, but it looked nice and age appropriate. I want to get them a bunch of Rescue Hero stuff, SuperFriends stuff, you know the type. And also more Toy Story things, like BullsEye the horse and Jessie the girl that goes with Woody and Slinks the slinky dog.

There are a few movies I want to get too. The new TinkerBell movie, How to Train your Dragon, all 3 Toy Story movies.

I want to get Rayce a bank that keeps track of how much $$$ is in it. And some how to draw books made for kids. He loooooves to draw.

I'm keeping my eyes open for anything dolphin related for Dante. He is obsessed. He loooooooooves dolphins.

Earrings and some real jewelry for the girls. Maybe charm bracelets, the little chain kind with tiny charms. Simple little silver chain necklaces with a locket or something.

Wii games, of course :o)  And a docking charger station for the remotes... we are going through soooo many batteries in those things.

I want to bake cookies Christmas Eve.

I want to go to Otsinengo right before the kids go to bed Christmas Eve.

I want to make dozens of Christmas ornaments for the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment