life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Haven't had anything exciting to say lately

I haven't been updating much because I haven't had much to say. It happens sometimes!!
*****

Liliya is terribly sick right now. She's had a cold all week, puked in the middle of the week, woke up with terrible pink eye yesterday, took her to the walk in last night and she's got a double ear infection and a sinus infection as well. My poooooor sweet Bee :o( All this after that nasty looking mystery rash a couple weeks ago.

I'm sad to say that I think I might be looking for a new primary care physician for the kiddos. I LOOOOVE their doctor, she's been their doctor since Rayce was born. But it's impossible to get in to see her for anything other than well child visits. If you call in because one of the kids is sick, they'll tell me to take them to the walk in. She's *always* booked for at *least* the next 1-2 weeks. It takes usually a month or so to get in for a physical or well child visit.

With Liliya having so many random issues, I feel like she would be better cared for if the same doctor was seeing her for all the problems. Yes, her primary care doc gets a copy of the paperwork faxed in. But it's not the same as seeing Liliya's face every couple weeks for months with one issue after another and realizing 'hey, maybe something bigger is going on here'.

After Liliya's 'funky' white blood cell counts at her one year appointment and all of her weird issues since then... I'm thinking some different testing is called for. She gets sick a LOT. When all of the kids are sick, she always gets it the worst. But a lot of the time it's just her that gets sick.

I am NOT the kind of parent that runs to the doctor every time the kids sneeze or sniffle. But I'm thinking I might have to be when it comes to Liliya. I took her in for pink eye, which I wouldn't have done if I had had the drops at home already, and she has a sinus infection and double ear infection. How would I have known??? To me, it looks like a cold. She hasn't been complaining, really. Hasn't been tugging at her ears. And this is what happened last time. She had a double ear infection and I didn't even know because she had no ear infection symptoms. Then the infection didn't go away until the second or third antibiotic.

I'm just scared that something isn't quite right with her immune system, and that's serious.

Sooooo I'm seriously considering looking for another doctor, someone who could see her (them) when she's (they're) sick as well as for well child visits and immunizations. It makes me sad to think about not seeing Dr D, but my child's health is more important than our like for their doctor.
*****

On to other news, Aunt Lori is coming tomorrow!!! Just for a day, cuz we're leaving for Schroon Lake on Monday. But we haven't seen her last summer and even the kids are terribly excited!

I got a lot done so far this morning, which is amazing for me. I cleaned the stairs and hallway and vacuumed them as well. It was quite a hassle, trying to balance the vacuum cleaner on the edge of the steps so the hose would reach!! But it's needed doing for a while and now it's done. I've got a LOOOOOT more to do today. Gotta clean the upstairs bathroom, the ferrets cage, give the ferrets and Samson baths, pick up, sweep, and mop downstairs, pick up the backyard and clean off the front porch. And I would really LIKE to get our bedrooms cleaned up, but that's on the bottom of the list. AND I've gotta get to the PAL center by 1 for the car seat safety check, to have my car seats professionally installed and checked. Which means we all have to be showered and dressed by then. In addition to all the cleaning.
*****

Today is also my sister's 22nd birthday. Happy Birthday Sissssssssser!!!!
*****

Ohhhhhh I just can't wait to get up to the cottage!!! My aunt's husband's parents have owned this cottage on Schroon Lake for ever. They went there as kids, before the land was all developed. It was an original shelter along the lake's edge. Since then they have added on to it, sold the land on either side, and made a lot of improvements. I remember being very small and using the outhouse and the outdoor shower!! We have been blessed by this cottage being available to us. We have never been able to afford real vacations. But the Evans' have let us use their cottage, and to go there, all we have to pay for is the gas and our groceries. It really has been a blessing. There are height marks on the wall from when I was 9 months old and up. Schroon Lake is my favorite place in the entire world!!! When I die, I want some of my ashes sprinkled there. That's how special it is to me, I want to be there for EVER.

I can't wait for the photo opportunities! I know I've become a bit obsessed. But I got some GREAT shots last year, and I'm just soooo excited I can't stand it. I'm going to take the kids Easter outfits for a photo shoot. All the kids in their white Easter clothes with the lake and the sunset in the background.... ohhhhhh I can't waaaaiiiittttt!!!
*****
Rayce starts school in just a month!!! We will meet with his teacher in a couple weeks and have orientation the following week. I just can't believe it! I'm excited for him to learn and grow and make friends and be challenged on a daily basis, I'm excited to have more time with less children, but I'm just not sure if I'm ready to send my baby off into the world for 30 hours a week! It scares me!! I know we'll all be fine, but I'm still nervous!
I'm still stressing on the school clothes too. Well, winter clothes in general. All of the kids are growing soooooo fast, I can't keep up. Rayce was wearing a size 3 last summer and a 10 shoe, and now he's in a SIX and a 13 shoe. Charlize was wearing 18 months last summer and size 4 shoe and now she's in a FOUR and a size 8 1/2 shoe. Liliya pretty much skipped size 12 and 18 months and went straight into a size two (which she wore in the spring, she could prolly use a size 3 even for the fall/winter, on top anyway). I bought all the kids sandals just a couple months ago, and bought them all 1/2 a size big. Now both of the girls' toes are hanging off the end. Liliya went from a size 4 shoe, her sandals are a 5 1/2, and now they're too small and she would probably fit into a 6 1/2. I just don't get it. My kids were soooo small and barely grew for a loooong time. Charlize wore a size 2 shoe and size 12-18 months clothes for like a YEAR. I'm not kidding. Rayce was a size 2/3 forevvvvver, seriously, from the time he was like a year and a half until he turned 4 last summer. Now all of a sudden I cannot keep up.
The bank all of a sudden won't let me deposit the kids SS checks into my account, they said I have to open representative payee accounts for each of the kids for their checks to go into. Which means that once I manage to open the accounts, which involves *getting to* the bank, the checks will take a week or two to clear. Soooo until then, I'm struggling for real, as if I wasn't struggling enough already :o( It's so frustrating sometimes!! I might have to get to the bank Monday before we leave for the lake.... that's the only viable option at this point.
*****
Ok, I've got soooo much to do today... back to the salt mines....

No comments:

Post a Comment