life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Accomplishments :o)

The last few days have been fairly successful, as far as success goes around here. I've been getting a lot done, and I feel safe enough to say that we have a nice and early bedtime routine established.

Between 730 and 8pm, the kids get their milk, have a nice drink, help me pick up so I can sweep, brush their teeth, and then pile into the bathtub. They get into the PJ's, lay in bed, I sing them a few songs or read a book, and then they lay quietly until they fall asleep. The last few nights have been amazing. Bedtime has not been hell. It's actually been quite pleasant, and I've had time to myself after they're in bed to actually *watch TV*!!! They have been in bed and asleep *by* 9, which is a miracle in this household.

I've been banning myself from the computer for large chunks of time during the day, and getting a lot done as a result. Yes, boredness and the internet suck up a lot of my time. I sit down at the computer pretty much every minute that I'm not directly doing something with/for the kids. I check my e-mail, I check facebook, play typing maniac, read blogs, write blogs, browse craigslist, edit photos, chat on AIM or yahoo... blah blah blah blah blahhhh. I *am* addicted to the computer. I could be addicted to something much worse, I suppose. But I have been working on spending less time sitting here in front it, and it's been paying off.

I have been having a lot of chats with Rayce, also, explaining to him why I need him to behave better and listen sooner, and that has been paying off as well. After the girls are in bed, I spend a few minutes with Rayce in his room, and we talk. And it's nice. :o)

I'm feeling better, more able, and just generally a little more optimistic about life again. It seems the last couple months have been kinda rough, I was having more down moments than I like to admit and just not feeling very good in general. But lately, I've been starting to a feel better again, and it's a wonderful feeling :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment