life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Friday, October 8, 2010

ideas around the house

Just thinking 'out loud' about some things I want to get done.

  1. Get the hair stuff organized in the downstairs bathroom. I'm thinking of one of those over the door things with all the clear pockets, to keep rubber bands, head bands, combs and brushes, clippies, etc, organized and within plain sight. The holder could also hold other small bathroom items, like the few things of makeup I have, the tweezers, tampons, blah blah blah.
  2. Speaking of over the door plastic pocket organizers... I'm thinking one of those might work well to hold some smaller kitchen stuff, too, like the marinade packets. Possibly.
  3. I want to hang a line from the ceiling, along one wall, and get some clothespins, to hang up the kids artwork from school. We can't keep stuff on the fridge, the littler kids pull it all down and usually tear it up.
  4. A pipe dream... to make the back room/pantry into a 'family closet'. That would be wonnnderful, to not have to drag clothes up and down one more flight of stairs, to have everything all in one place and organized, to not have to keep clothes in the kids rooms where the girls end up pulling everything out all over the place, etc. We'd have to invest in a closet organizing system, we'd need several hanging rods, and lots of shelves and either bins for on the shelves, or drawers, for socks and undies and undershirts. I don't even know if our tiny back room is big enough. But it would be wonderful.
  5. I would really like to get under-bed drawers on wheels for under the kids beds, to keep some of the toys organized. I've seen them on the walmart website, but they're kind of expensive, and I think my dad could easily build some that would be more sturdy and cheaper, and then I could customize the size to make use of every inch of space under there. I've gotta talk to him about it.
  6. I want to either put white boards up on, or paint whiteboards onto, two small sections of wall in the foyer. Over the kids table and on the section of wall that seperates the foyer from the living room.
  7. Get another couple sets of cubby bookcases and a bunch more fabric bins... we loooove those things and I can think of a couple more places where we could fit them.
  8. Replace the bookcase in the dining room, with something the same size but with doors on it so it can be locked so the kids can't get into everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment