life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

diapers

I did something today that I'm not sure I should have.
But I really wanted to.

I bought cloth diapers.
Off craigslist.

I thought about cloth diapers 2 years ago, but never followed through, mostly because I was still in my apartment and we didn't have a washer and dryer there.

Now, Liliya is potty training.

But I am almost out of diapers.
And I saw them on craigslist.
So I went for it.

I was about to dish out $40 for a case of diapers anyway.

And Charlize can wear them to bed, which will save me on pull-ups.

She usually stays dry anyway, but after two nights, even when she hasn't wet, the pull up smells funny and I toss it anyway.

I won't have to do that now, but if she does wet, there's something there to catch it.

Also, this will force me to keep up more with laundry.
I'll have to do a load of diapers every night, and switch it over in the morning.
So I may as well put another load in while I'm down there.
And when I go down to get them out of the dryer, I may as well switch the other load to the dryer, right?
So it will *make* me do laundry much more regularly.

I told Liliya she couldn't poop in the diapers, and today, she told me she had to poop twice, and she went on the potty.

Yay!!

All in all, I'm happy about the decision.

Having more laundry to do isn't a great thing.

But saving at least $60 a month and being almost forced to do other laundry every single day...
THAT'S a good thing.






1 comment:

  1. Hey good for you,Bonnie! If I ever had another, I'm not so sure I wouldn't attempt cloth-diapering, too. :n) Great job!

    ReplyDelete