life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

bedtime prayers

Tonight, I pray...

  • that I won't have to yell and scream and threaten the kids for an hour to get them to stay in bed, quiet, and fall asleep (we're at 29 minutes now and the girls are finally settling down)
  • that we won't have another episode like last night, in which my girls took an entire jar of coconut oil and caked it onto themselves from head to toe, which ended up involving about 20 shampoos EACH, 12-14 with regular shampoo and then about 6 with dish soap, which STILL left their hair disgustingly greasy, which resulted in me pouring half a bottle of powder into their hair, brushing it through, and leaving that on for the remainder of the day, then shampooing it out (two shampoos each, then one condition each) tonight
  • that not taking a nap today will render me actually able to fall asleep tonight
  • that Charlize's cold will be better *enough* by tomorrow to send her to school, which basically means that as long as she isn't gagging and almost vomiting when she blows her nose, or sneezing snot bubbles half the size of her head, we should be good to go. Unless of course she keeps up this coughing that she just started. *Sigh*
  • that I can manage to get a million tons of laundry put away tomorrow, and about 3 more loads washed, so I can then go through the kids clothes and do another purge, and then remind myself that yes, although I am shopping at the Salvation Army on half price family day and something is really cute/cheap/right size, my kids have enough and I do NOT need to buy just because said item is cute, cheap, and the right size
  • that my period doesn't start in the middle of the night
  • for good dreams. Or at least no terrible dreams
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment