life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 1

Day 1 of my self improvement.

I just got up, the kids are still sleeping.

I'm going to jump in the shower, get dressed, and start right in on the things that need doing...

I need to scoop the ferret's litter box, sort a basket of laundry, take another basket of laundry downstairs and a dirty load into the wash.

I'm going to weigh myself.

When the kids get up, we'll all have breakfast together. I'll be having yogurt and fruit.

Then I will sit down with the kids and work with them for a bit on 'school stuff'. I'll sit Rayce down with one of the new books I got him last night, and quiz the girls on a few letters. Then Rayce can work on his lower case letter penmanship while Charlize works on her upper case and Liliya works on colors while coloring.

I'll switch the laundry over, then work on my 20 minutes of 'stuff that doesn't get done often enough'.

By that point, about half of my daily goals will be taken care of :o)

I'll update this post, rather than doing a new post at the end of the day.

Here goes nothing... I'm hoping this will become '30 days to a better Bonnie'.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The morning has gone very well.

I had Rayce take some pictures of me for my 'before' pictures. I weighed myself, and that's the only time I will for a week.

I have eaten well, yogurt, fruit, salad, a few slices of turkey, and only one diet pepsi so far for the day.

I worked on some educational things with the kids, and I'm starting to keep track of what we go over.

I've been working on laundry.

I found a 'toddler tunes' music channel and the kids and I listened and danced around for a while.

I'm about to go spend 10-20 minutes or so in the basement bagging up things that need to go in the trash.

I'm going to the gym with Jason tonight, if I can get Mom to stay with the kids, to do some cardio while he works on his legs.

I'm feeling good, and I know that it will get harder, but I'm ready.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The rest of the day went well.

Pauline came over, she's been on vacation for more than 2 weeks, it was nice to seeee her!

Dinner took forever to cook and I was starving long before it was ready, so I had a big bowl of green beans and mushrooms. It was yummy, satisfied me until dinner, and felt healthy.

For dinner I had 2 pieces of BBQ chicken, 1/2 cup of white rice, onions, sugar snap peas, and a diet pepsi.

It feels great having limited myself to only 2 diet sodas today. I feel good about my food choices.

Tonight, I really didn't feel like it, being after 9pm, but I popped in 30 Day Shred and started anyway.

I'm ashamed to say that I'm so out of shape, I only made it through half of level 1. But I made a good effort and I pushed myself and I'm confident that if I continue working out regularly, I will be able to make it through the whole thing sometime very soon. Maybe if I hadn't waited until so late, I would have had more energy. My heartrate was pumping and I was actually sweating, but I was getting reallllly out of breath, so I stopped. Tomorrow I will do better :o)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I feel really good about my day overall, and I give it a 7 out of 10.

:o)

Twenty nine days to go to a Better Bonnie.

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie, this is seriously awesome! I'm sorry I haven't commented a lot lately, but I want to tell you that I'm glad that you're working so hard towards self-improvement. You "sound" happier already! xoxo Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad, Bonnie! And you're right, it gets much easier as time goes by. I started off huffing and puffing through 15 minutes of exercise, and now... well you know how I do now. ;n) You can do this!!! Hooray for you! I'm so proud that you worked out even though you didn't feel like it! That's a huge step. It's frustrating to hear people say, "I wish I had your motivation", because motivation is seriously not a factor. It's about pushing yourself even when (and *especially* when) you really don't want to. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete