life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter

Is one of my favorite holidays.

We're not very religious people. We don't go to church, although I am looking to change that.

It's just a nice day for togetherness, a nice dinner with family, and fun for the kids.

Today has been a great day, and it's only 10am.

I stayed up late last night putting baskets together.

The kids each got a couple Littlest Pet Shop toys (they LOVE those things!), a small chocolate bunny, a few lollipops, some gummies, startburst, smarties, and m&m's.

I try hard not to overdue it as a gift giving holiday. I try hard not to get too much candy. I try hard to only put in their baskets what I will allow them to eat in a day or two, because they get frantic about finding it and eating it, wherever I hide it.

My kids don't get candy regularly, at all.

I don't buy junk food to bring into the house. We don't keep chips or ice cream or candy here.

So Easter and Halloween are especially exciting for the kiddos :o)

Today, the kids got their Easter baskets, ate candy for breakfast, colored some eggs (we're simple people, we dip dye them and that's it!), baked some ready made cookies (less mess!!!), now I'm trying to clean up before I toss the kids in the bath.

Would be pointless to bathe them and THEN clean up, because they would get filthy again as soon as they got out, with all this candy laying around.

After we're all showered and dressed, we're going to my dad and stepmom's for an easter egg hunt and a photoshoot.

The sun is shining, it's warm, I have all 5 babies with me today...

it doesn't get any better than this!

Pictures to follow, tonight after the kids are in bed :o)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy and loving it. <3 I love it for you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete