life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Feeling Good :o) Doing Good :o)

I'm feeling really good about things.

Really, really good.

I've adjusted my attitude and it feels like everything else has just fallen into place as a result.

It's an amazing feeling.

It's amazing what you can do when you have faith in yourself.

I haven't had much faith in myself. Ever.

But I found it. Somewhere.

And it's a beautiful thing.

Yesterday, we went to the PAL center for the entire morning. We were there by 10am, amazing sinze I had to get myself and 5 kids dressed and fed and all that. I relaxed for most of the morning there while the kids played. I packed a lunch of PB sandwiches and go-gurts.

Holden was being his typical self, grumpy, defiant, and full of piss and vinegar, but I really kept my cool and stayed calm.

He's really responding to my new attitude, and that feels more amazing than anything else.

While we were there, getting ready to leave, I went to change Liliya, and she decided she had to go potty. And she really did go potty!!! Poop, even! She has never before had a successful potty visit. I am sooo proud!!!!

At about 330, the kids brought me the string cheese and asked for a snack. I had a piece too, and wondered why I felt sooooo hungry. Then I remembered that I literally hadn't had hardly anything to eat, all day. A couple pretzels from the trail mix at the PAL center. All day. Yeah, wow.

We came home when they closed, the kids ran around while I did some cleaning. When Rayce got home, they all went outside to play, and they played hard for more than 2 hours.

I kept cleaning, organizing, sorting. From the time we got home from the PAL center until bedtime, I hardly sat down at all.

We had another unsuccessful cookout for dinner. The grill needs a new gas fitting or something, apparently. So we cooked burgers on the stove, and mac and cheese, and corn.

The kids watched a bit of a movie, and then it was time for bed.

Bedtime was a little rough. Rayce wasn't cooperating. I don't think he's been getting enough sleep, he's been sooo whiney and uncooperative. I yelled, several times. It took almost half an hour to get them all to stay in bed.

Holden slept with me. He needed some serious extra snuggle time. He's such a still sleeper. He barely moved, all night. Seriously. But, he was sleeping in the middle of the bed :o)

The boys are doing really, really well. All of the kids are doing really, really well.

I'm doing really, really well too.

And it feels incredible :o)

Really, really incredible.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment