life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Whew.

I got a lot done today.

I took Liliya's crib apart. She hasn't slept in it for months. I was putting Dante in it when I have the boys on the weekends, but he started climbing out and snuggling in with the girls. So it was just taking up space. I rearranged the girls room. I'm not sure the new arrangement is any good, though. Even though the crib is down and out, it doesn't look like there is any more room in there. So we'll try it out for a few days or week and maybe I'll change it again at that point.

The layout of this house really impedes it's function. There isn't enough window-less wallspace for much furniture. And I hate putting furniture in front of windows! Not to mention the very small size of the rooms and lack of closet space. We just have to keep trying to make it work better for us.

My 9 month old nephew Jeremiah has been driving me nuts today. He's just been miserable. Crying when I put him down but fussing anyway when I'm holding him. Tired but won't sleep.

His mother frustrates me too... when I reminded her that today was Tuesday so I would need her to pick the kids up before 4 so I could pick up Holden and Dante, she said "Alright I'll try". But before 4pm is not a suggestion or a guideline. I get the boys for 3 hours on Tuesdays. When she's half an hour of fourty-five minutes late picking her kids up, I lose time with my stepsons. And since Rayce started school 9 weeks ago, and she knew from the beginning that if I babysit on Tuesday she has to pick them up before 4, she has only been on time *once*. So, although I am very non-confrontational, I have to stand up for myself eventually. So if she isn't on time today, I'm going to tell her that if she is unable to pick them up on time on Tuesdays, I just won't be available to babysit on Tuesdays anymore. It's pretty simple.

I got some laundry done. Bedding washed. Still got lots of laundry yet to take care of.

I picked up and swept the downstairs, wiped down the dining room table and chairs, blah blah blah.

I'm tired. But it's 230, the kids will be up from nap soon, and there's more to be done.

Such is my life.

It's cloudy today and so is my mood :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment