life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Homeschool Preschool

I've been doing a lot of research on home education and education in general for over a year now. Since making the decision and goal to 'homeschool' the kids in preschool beginning in January, I've been doing even more research. This list from WorldBook has been the most wonderful resource so far. It lists the things preschoolers should be learning or should know by the end of preschool. My lesson plans are going to be based on that list. 

Preschool is all about playing and learning at the same time. You weave education into arts and crafts projects and the kids learn while they're having fun.

There are lots of things I have to do here to make this process easier. The first thing is to get more organized, which I am *really* working on.

I've been on a roll lately, deep cleaning, purging, organizing and reorganizing. But to start in January, I'm gonna have to kick it into super high gear! We're already halfway through November, and the next couple months are busy with holidays and birthdays and traveling to visit relatives. I've gotta make the most of the time I have to get going and get this stuff done!!

I've gotta get the dining room organized, most of all. The dining room is where most of our downstairs junk ends up. On the bookcase, the china cabinet, and the computer desk. Mom and I have a plan to put all the stuff we need to keep up in the attic, since the attic is doing no one any good right now anyway. Then we can put up shelves in the dining room for the school supplies, arts and crafts supplies, games, etc. The dining room will be where most of this happens.

I'm excited and the wheels are always turning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment