life is not measured Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

All's quiet on the homefront...

I haven't been blogging much lately because there hasn't been a whole lot going on!!!

Other than Rayce going to school, of course... but I don't know exactly what goes on there. The typical home from school conversation goes something like this...

Mama: Hey Raycer-bean, did you have fun at school today?
Rayce: Yes. I had chocolate milk at lunch.
Mama: What else did you do today, other than eat lunch?
Rayce: We painted with our hands!
Mama: With finger paints?
Rayce: No, with hand paints.
Mama: Ahhhhh. Very cool. What else did you do, besides hand painting?
Rayce: I don't know. I played outside at recess.

Most days, that's about all I get out of him!

We have open house at his school next week, and I am very much looking forward to it :o)

So far, Rayce *loves* school. He counted down the days till Monday over the weekend :o)

We have had an issue with his behavior after school. I think he's tired. It's like a full time job, him being away and busy at school all day. But he gets off the bus at almost 4pm, and that's too late for him to lay down for a nap (I don't think he would lay down for a nap anyway!). So bedtime has been moved back from 830 pm to 8pm, and that's about the best I can do. I can't put them to bed earlier than 8, or they really will be up at the butt-crack of dawn!!

Dante had a case of the chicken pox for the last couple weeks, which went undiagnosed for most of its course.

Liliya is talking SOOOO much now, saying new words every day and beginning to string words together into short 2-3 word sentences!!!

I'm now only babysitting for my nephews 3 days a week, and I'm enjoying more time with less kiddos. Two days I only have my girls during the day, and that time is cherished! It gives me a chance to catch up on laundry and housework, take a nap with the kids, and spend some real quality time with my girlies :o)

My mom had a 4 vessel cerebral angiogram on Monday as a follow up to the coiling she had done 2 1/2 years ago on an aneurism. The news isn't great... the aneurism has grown and has to be filled in more, and they're going to put a stent in at the opening of the aneurism because it's so large. They'll do this at the beginning of October sometime and she will be out of work for a few weeks. It's a little scary, and it's been weighing on my mind a lot lately.



Other than that, all is quiet on the homefront :o)

Hoping to get some nice fall pics of all 5 kids this weekend, so maybe I'll have something nice to post early next week :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment